My 3rd great grandmother
97 Charlotte Frances Dana, daughter of William Pulteney Dana and Charlotte Elizabeth Bailey was born on 22 February 1820 in Albrighton, Shropshire, England. She died on 9 November 1904 at Eurumbeen East, Eurambeen, Victoria, Australia.
Charlotte married twice.
She first married John James (1808-1855) at Albrighton, Shropshire on 14 May 1839. They had two children:
- Charlotte Constance James (1840-1935)
- John Henry James (1841-1842)
John James divorced Charlotte in 1849: Divorce of John James and Charlotte Frances née Dana
Charlotte married Philip Robert Champion Crespigny on 18 July 1849 at the British Embassy in Paris, France.
Charlotte and Philip emigrated to Australia: Australian arrival of the Champion Crespigny family on the ‘Cambodia’ 31 March 1852
my 4th great grandparents
194 William Pulteney Dana, son of Edmund Dana and Helen Kinnaird was born on 13 July 1776 in Wroxeter, Shropshire, England. He died on 29 June 1861 in Shropshire, England.
He first married Anne Fitzhugh (1784-1804). He secondly married Charlotte Elizabeth Bailey in 1812 in Ireland.
195 Charlotte Elizabeth Bailey, daughter of Reverend Bailey was born in 1795 in Nenagh, Tipperary, Ireland. She died on 13 May 1846 in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England.
William Pulteney Dana had 12 children – 2 by his first marriage and ten by his second marriage. Two sons and a daughter, Charlotte (see above) came to Australia.
- Henry Edmund Pulteney Dana (1817-1852)
- Henry married Sophia Cole Hamilton Walsh (1827-1860). They had five children.
- George Kinnaird Dana and Augustus Pulteney Dana
- Y is for football at Yarra Park: G. Dana footballer
- W is for Williamstown: funeral of Augustus Dana
- William Augustus Pulteney Dana (1826-1866)
- William married firstly his brother’s widow Sophia and secondly Antoinette Camilla Weber
- Trove Tuesday: death of Captain W. A. P. Dana
my seventh great grandparents
Daniel Dana 1664-1749 was born and died in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In 1694 Daniel married Naomi Crossell 1670-1751.