My attention was drawn to a marvellously elegant utility mapalist.com by Sheri Fenley on her blog The Educated Genealogist at http://sherifenley.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/mapping-my-ancestors.html (thanks Sheri 🙂 ).
|Google map terrain view modified using mapalist.com to show the birth places of John and Sarah Way’s children|
- Louisa (1855 – 1926) born Adelaide; John’s occupation on Louisa’s birth registration was labourer.
- William John (1857 – 1858) born and died Collingwood, Melbourne; John’s occupation was labourer. William’s cause of death at age 6 months was congestion of the brain.
- Mary Jane (1859 – 1859) born and died Collingwood; John’s occupation was labourer. Mary Jane died of cancer of the eye aged 4 months 19 days.
- Mary Ann (1860 – 1938) born Collingwood
- Sarah Jane (1863 – 1898) born Barborah Creek near Binalong, New South Wales (no birth registration found)
- Eliza (Elizabeth on her birth certificate) (1865 – 1940) born Brittons Dam Station, Kitticara, nr Murrumburrah, New South Wales;John’s occupation was shepherd.
- Emily (1868 – 1952) born Grenfell, New South Wales; John’s occupation was sawyer
- Harriet Elizabeth (1870 – 1879) born near Reece’s Foundry, Grenfell, New South Wales; John’s occupation was sawyer on her birth registration but when she died of typhoid fever at three months, John gave his occupation as miner.
- John (1872 – 1896) born Grenfell, New South Wales
- Martha (1874 – 1875) born and died Parkes, New South Wales; John’s occupation was miner.
John and Sarah both died at Parkes.